There are a number of home staging tips that you should always keep in mind to make sure that you are doing all of the important things to make the house sell. Remember that this process doesn’t have to be hard if you understand the things you have to do to make the staging a success.
As far as home staging tips go, always remember that in home staging you are not decorating; you stage a house so that it sells.
Here are some home staging tips to make the process go smoothly.
* Create an atmosphere in the house that will appeal to a wide range of potential home buyers. Your particular likes and dislikes are not important so discard them now.
* Remove all of the clutter from the bathroom countertops, from the tubs, from the shower stalls and especially the commode tops. Coordinate your shower curtains, towels and rugs. Make sure that everything is spotless and clean.
* Most home staging tips are quite simple and this one is no exception. The outside of the staged home is one of the most important areas that you need to concentrate on. Make sure that the lawn is cut and that any and all flowerbeds are neat and well-tended. Pay special attention to the outside entry area and doors. Some areas may just need painting while others may need repairs.
* Painting the interior of the house is usually cost-effective and is an easy way to enhance the look of the home. Most home staging books and magazines recommend a neutral paint pallet for this. Hiring professional painters to do this will be well worth the extra expense.
* A big part of home staging involves removing clutter and making sure that everything is clean. Take extra care to ensure that all of the windows are clean both inside and out. The exterior should also be clean. You may need to pressure wash the siding and decks or other exterior areas. Don’t forget the garage. Everything that looks cluttered or messy should be removed.
* Some things may need to be updated. Take a good look at the kitchen cabinets and countertops. If they are chipped or in need of repair then you need to decide if they can be re-finished or need to be replaced.
* Check out the carpets and flooring. Do they just need to be cleaned or re-finished. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and replace old and worn carpets. If it makes the house sell quicker and at a higher price then it is worth the cost.
* Sometimes you have to get rid of furniture if the rooms are crowded or small. At other times you may have to bring in furniture to replace worn or shabby furniture. Quite often you can rent nice furniture by the month to ensure that the staged home looks its best.
* Make sure that every room has a focal point that will engage the buyers and increase their interest in the house. Arrange the furniture so that the focal point commands the buyer’s attention. Also ensure that nothing in the room conflicts with this focal point.
* One of the most important home staging tips is to make sure that the home is well lighted and that it smell pleasant and fresh. If the home is vacant, make sure that the heat or air conditioner is on during the hours that you will be showing the home.
Home staging tends to make the home look larger and much brighter and also allows the home buyer to envision themselves living in the home. Home staging professionals claim that correctly staged homes will sell much faster and for a higher price. The expense for staging a house usually is determined by a number of variables, including whether or not you are going to stage all rooms of the home or perhaps just some.
Stick to these home staging tips and the house will sell a lot faster, as well as at a much better price than your competition.
Should you get stuck and really need creative ideas, walk through several other open houses which were staged to see exactly what they have successfully done. They can be an excellent reference for suggestions and will provide ideas that you can add to your home staging tips.